Elementary School News
Community Garden at MRH Elementary-Volunteers Needed
Did you know that the best time to build a garden is in the fall? The community garden at the Elementary school is about to be in full effect!
A group of dedicated MRHE parents, teachers, administrators and Chef Marino have completed MRH's application process with Gateway Greening and they are ready to launch the community garden.
MRHE is seeking LOTS of helping hands on
- Saturday, October 22 from 9-12 - for site clearing and leveling
- Saturday, October 29 from 9-12 - to build and fill 12 raised beds
Please plan to attend at least one of these days, especially if you would like to become a member in our crop-sharing garden. Attached is a membership application.
Benefits of membership:
- A place to garden; grow fruits, vegetables and flowers
- Monthly workshops to learn how to grow your own food
- Crop-sharing - each bed will have designated crops and the harvest will be shared among all members
Please mark your calendars today!
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.