Elementary School Principal's Page
January 9, 2017
Weekly Update January 9, 2017
MRHE FAMILY UPDATE
Week of January 9, 2017
ARRIVAL: As a reminder, morning supervision begins at 7:15 AM. Students should not arrive before this time. Thank you!
DISMISSAL: Dismissal is at 2:40PM. Please be prompt in arriving to pick up children at the end of the school day. Thank you!
- During arrival and dismissal, please do your best to not block the driveways of our neighbors on Glades, Bellevue, and Princeton.
- When participating in the carpool line, please do not drive around other cars in the circle drive.
- Thanks in advance for helping us be good neighbors and helping to keeping our students safe! It is appreciated.
- Tuesday, January 10, 6-7pm - PTO Meeting
- Wednesday, January 11 - MRHE Dairy Queen Family Fun Night
- Monday, January 16 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Jr.
- Friday, January 27, 6-7:30pm - Chili Cook-Off
- Wednesday, February 1 - Early Release Day Dismissal - ELEM Dismisses at 12:50 pm
- Tuesday, February 7, 7:30am & 6-7pm - 5th Grade Music Program
- Wednesday, February 8 - MRHE Dairy Queen Family Fun Night
- Wednesday, February 15 - ELEM and ECC Parent Math Night
- Monday, February 20 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development for Teachers
- Thursday, February 23, 6-7pm - E4 Parent Night
- Saturday, February 25, 8-11am - PJ’s and Pancake Breakfast
- Tuesday, February 28, 6-8pm - Elementary Spring Exhibit Openings
Visit the MRH School District Calendar online to see all upcoming MRH events.
MRHE PTO BULLETIN
- If you are interested in volunteering at the upcoming Chili Cook-Off on January 27th, please email Cheryl O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next PTO Meeting - Tuesday, January 10th from 6:00-7:00 pm
LATEST ELEM NEWS:
NEW!: MRH Youth Sports Baseball and softball registration for current kindergarten-8th grade boys and girls will be from February 1-14, 2017. Registration can be completed online atwww.mrhys.org
The season practices start in late March and the games end by July 1. Practices are on weeknights that work for the coach (TBD) and games are typically on Saturdays and Sundays. Space is limited, so register early! More information will be presented at the MRH Youth Sports Parent Open House at 6:30pm January 18, 2017 at MRH Elementary School Cafeteria. Additional information to your FAQ can be found on the website at www.mrhys.org. Financial aid is available!
NEW!: CHILI COOK-OFF
- MRHE Chili Cook-Off
- Friday, January 27, 2017
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- MRHE PTO needs your help to make it a success!
- Proceeds will benefit the PTO
- $5.00 per person for a Chili Meal
- $5.00 per person for a Tasting Ticket (One Tasting Ticket includes all chili tasting)
Dress for the Weather - Wear Your Coat: Whenever possible, MRH Elementary students will go outside for recess. Our policy for determining outdoor recess is a temperature (including wind chill) of 25 degrees or above. Please be sure your child is dressed for the weather with coat, gloves, hat and scarf.
MRH Youth Sports Parent Open House:
MRH Youth Sports Parent Open House, January 18, 6:30 PM @ Elementary School Cafeteria: Meet the youth sports board and find out about what they're trying to do to make your child's experience better. Topics include: Registration, Child Safety, Coaching, and how you can get involved.
There will also be time to ask any questions you have about any of the programs and processes that exist.
2017 MRH Youth Sports Update
MRH ECC & MRHE present:
Parent Math Night: What's going on in your student's math classroom?
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- MRH Elementary School
- We welcome all ECC & MRHE parents to join our math educators for an hour of seeing, hearing, and experiencing what your student does each day in his/her math classroom! Childcare available with RSVP to 314-644-4403 or email@example.com.
Reporting a Student Absence: If your child is going to be late or absent from school, please call the MRHE 24 hour Attendance Line at 256-7202 or email the Attendance Office firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the student’s name, grade and the reason for absence. If your child is not in school, and we have not received verification of the absence from an adult guardian we will attempt to reach you by phone at the home number on file in the office.
Friendly Reminder: Visitors to MRH buildings should ring the doorbell and be prepared to explain the reason for their visit. When entering the building, please sign in and pick up a Visitor’s Pass in the Main Office before moving past the Atrium.