Elementary School Principal's Page
January 9, 2012
Setting Goals For The New Year
Welcome back and happy New Year! I hope that all of you had a wonderful winter break and enjoyed some extra time with your children. It was great to welcome our students back to school this week and hear all of their exciting news about their time off from school.
January is the time of the year when we all set goals, make resolutions, and work towards making the New Year even better than the last. It is the perfect time to sit with your children and build good learning habits. Setting up study areas in the home, reading a little more each night, and striving to learn math facts are excellent goals to establish in the New Year.
Each fall, the teachers and I set professional goals for the school year. I think it is important to share my goals with our parent community. Below are the goals that I have set for the year:
- To equip teachers with resources and strategies to effectively provide interventions to increase academic achievement.
- To increase my communication, involvement, and relationships with the MRHE parent community.
- The total percentage of MRHE students scoring proficient and higher in mathematics will increase from 72.5% to 74% in 2012 as measured by the MAP test administered in March of 2012.
- The total percentage of MRHE students scoring proficient and higher in communication arts will increase from 58.1% to 62.3% in 2012 as measured by the MAP test administered in March of 2012.
- To develop student leadership opportunities in meaningful ways beyond the classroom where students can demonstrate their talents, skills, and interests while continuing to develop new skills.
- To develop and support teachers with Cooperative
- Learning structures school-wide.
With these goals now shared, I hope that I am communicating to you the message that we are well on our way to accomplishing each one of these goals this year. We are determined to give our best for our students at MRHE!
Thank you for all that you do!
Click here to view the entire January Newsletter