- About Us
Public Notice: MRH Board of Education Seeks Candidates for Board Vacancy
The Maplewood Richmond Heights School District Board of Education seeks interested candidates to fulfill the term of former member, Lamar Agard, who resigned from the Board on January 17, 2013. Pursuant to MRH Board Policies, the remaining Board members will seek a candidate to appoint to the Board of Education to fulfill the remainder of Agard’s term, which expires April 2015.
Residents wishing to be appointed to the MRH Board of Education should follow the vacancy process (below) and send their letter of interest to:
Secretary, Board of Education
Maplewood Richmond Heights School District
7539 Manchester Road
Maplewood, MO 63143
The letter of interest must be received by 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 11, 2013.
- Residents wishing to be appointed to the vacancy shall make their desire known by sending a letter to the secretary of the Board stating their qualifications and their reason for wishing to be on the Board. A period of two weeks from the date of the announcement will be allowed for receipt of these letters.
- Review/Interview Process -- The letters received will be reviewed by the Board of Education at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting, or at a special meeting called for that purpose. The Board may select final candidates from the applicants, and these individuals will be interviewed in open session at a regular or special meeting of the Board.
- Selection Process -- The appointment(s) will be made in open session at the next Board meeting held subsequent to the interview process. Appointments shall be made through a formal motion and seconded, and an affirmative vote by a majority of the Board. This vote must be held in open session.
MRH Board of Education Member Qualifications
- Members of the Board of Education shall be citizens of the United States and resident taxpayers of the School District of Maplewood Richmond Heights. They shall also have resided in the state for one (1) year preceding their election or appointment. Members shall be at least 24 years of age.
- All Board members should have a knowledge of and an interest in the welfare and educational opportunities of students.
- Board members initially elected or appointed after August 28, 1993, in addition to the other qualifications listed in this policy, are required by law to successfully complete orientation and training requirements within one (1) year of the date of the election or appointment. The orientation and training shall consist of at least 16 hours with the cost of such training to be paid by the district. All programs providing the orientation and training required under the provisions of this section shall be offered by a statewide association organized for the benefit of members of Boards of Education or be approved by the State Board of Education.
- A Board member is a "public servant" under the Missouri Criminal Code provisions regarding bribery, acceding to corruption, official misconduct and misuse of official information.
- A "taxpayer" is an individual who has paid taxes to the state or any subdivision thereof within the immediately preceding 12-month period, or the spouse of such individual.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.