Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open for students new to the ECC. As a reminder to all ECC families, registration information for the ECC & Elementary Discover Club program is now available on the district website. The registration window for our before & after care program opens on Monday, May 18th and closes for the initial round of registration on Friday, May 29th. If you miss the initial registration window, Discover Club registration will re-open in mid-June, and if there are no available slots, we will start a waiting list.
Kindergarten Enrollment Information: 2020-21
In this section, you will find information on how to enroll your Kindergarten student into the MRH School District. Please note that these directions are for those students that will be attending MRH for the first time. There is a separate set of instructions and steps for those families transitioning from Preschool to Kdg. Those directions were emailed to the Preschool families in April.
Due to the school closure, we were unable to host our on-site registration event for new Kindergarten students. However, through the combined efforts of ECC and District staff, we have created a new on-line enrollment process.
Below you will find specific written directions, as well as 2 video tutorials, that will walk you through the enrollment process. We ask that you complete this process as soon as possible since we are working on classroom assignments. In addition, if you need before or after school care, the enrollment process must be complete before we can accept applications for our Discover Club before and after care program. The first window for Discover Club registration begins on Monday, May 18 and closes on Friday, May 29. If you miss the initial registration window, Discover Club registration will re-open in mid-June, and if there are no available slots, we will start a waiting list.
If after reviewing the video tutorials and written directions, you have remaining questions or problems completing this process, feel free to contact Molly Sauer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 314-644-4405
I. Download, rename, complete, and save forms on your device
· Enrollment Packet: Click here to download Kindergarten Enrollment Form
· Lead Screening: Click here to download Lead Screening Form
· Here is a video tutorial on how to complete this step: Completing the Enrollment Forms
II. Gather documents to be uploaded and sent through a secure drop box
· Proof of Residency: Occupancy Permit from Maplewood or Richmond Heights
· Birth Certificate: Students must be born on or before 7/31/2015
· Parent/Guardian Photo ID (at least one of the parents/guardians must be an MRH resident)
- Only (1) parent/guardian ID is required
· Most recent immunizations record
· Additional immunizations need to be completed by Aug.1st
· Most recent physical examination (within the past year)
· Completed & Saved Enrollment Form (from above)
· Completed and Saved Lead Screening Questionnaire (from above)
· If applicable, a current asthma action plan from your physician’s office (these must be updated annually)
· If applicable, a current food allergy action plan from your physician's office (these must be updated annually)
III. Prepare and upload all of the documents into our secure drop box system
· Each document, including the completed enrollment form, should be downloaded and saved on your device as a pdf or jpeg file
· Each document should be labeled with your student’s name (eg. Doe, Jane_Immunizations, Doe, Jane Physical, etc.)
· Upload the documents into our drop box system:
· Here is a video tutorial on uploading documents: Uploading enrollment forms to the DropBox
· Link to MRH Secure Drop box
After completing the aforementioned steps, what’s next?
1. You will receive instructions on registering your child into our student information system (Power School). Once you register your child into Power School, their enrollment is complete!. We cannot send Power School registration instructions until we receive the enrollment forms.
2. You will be eligible to enroll in the MRH Discover Club starting the week of May 18
3. The ECC Administrative staff will work on assigning your student to a classroom. Classroom assignments should be announced by mid-late June
4. If the stay at home orders are lifted this summer, and we can conduct limited in-person services, we will invite you and your student to the ECC for a brief school readiness assessment so that we can best be prepared to serve your student. This will also give us an opportunity to learn more about your student and answer any questions you might have.
Cynthia J. Hebenstreit, PhD