Elementary School News
Missouri Hosts Sales Tax Holiday for Back-to-School Purchases
The State of Missouri will once again host its annual Sales Tax Holiday beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 7, and ending at midnight on the Sunday, August 9, 2015. Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute, are exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
The sales tax holiday applies to state and local sales taxes when a local jurisdiction chooses to participate in the holiday. If one or all of your local taxing jurisdictions are not participating in the sales tax holiday, the state's portion of the tax rate (4.225%) will remain exempt for the sale of qualifying sales tax holiday items.
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
For more information, visit the Missouri Department of Revenue’s website.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.