Important Construction Information for ECC Parents
Due to the construction taking place at the MRH Early Childhood Center, it is necessary to begin the 2011-2012 school year with modifications to the usual procedures. We ask parents to please follow the instructions listed below. A handy downloadable flier is available. We anticipate construction wrapping up in December.
Drop off and Pick Up
All student drop offs should be on the school side of Oakland Ave. This is for cars and buses. All students will be picked up in front of school along Oakland. Preschool dismissal will begin at 2:45p.m. Kindergarten and first grade students being picked up by car will be let out last at 3:15p.m. Please do not arrive early. Car riders will not be brought to their cars until the busses are loaded and gone.
The Maplewood police will ticket cars parked illegally or drivers that leave their vehicle unattended in the drop off/pick up line.
PLEASE help ensure the safety of each child by following these important steps:
- All drop off/pick wps will happen on the school side of Oakland (in front of the ECC).
- DO NOT drop off on the other side of the street and allow your child to cross the street.
- The lineup for drop off or pick up will begin behind a large orange cone placed in the street. Please form a line beginning at this point. Parents must remain in cars while in line.
- Please NO cellular phone usage while in active pick-up line.
- Please do not arrive before 3:15 p.m. to pick up your child.
- Placards with child’s name will be distributed at orientation. First grade families will be given placards when they pick up on the 1st day.
If possible, you can help by having your child take the bus to and from school.
Other changes of note
Breakfast will include cereal/granola bars, fruit cups, juice, and milk. Once we move into the new cafetorium, hot breakfast items will return to the menu.
For K/1 students, there will be no morning gathering. Students will sit supervised outside their classroom (or at a nearby space) until 8:00 a.m.
Sack lunches for all grades will be prepared at another MRH school and be delivered to the ECC. Preschoolers will continue to eat in the piazza while K/1 students will eat in Room 100 (for first floor students) or Room 206 (for second floor students). Mrs. Sausele’s kindergarten class in room 211 will eat in room 100. The lunch schedule will remain the same.
Physical fitness activities will take place outside when possible. Alternate locations within ECC will be used during inclement weather.
Preschool naps will take place in the preschool wing.
Discover Club sign in and sign out for all Discover Club students will be in the art studio.
Adjustments to the evacuation plans will be made.
Parking will be limited during construction. The back lot will be for staff, construction traffic, and those needing the handicapped parking spots near preschool. Parents and visitors may park in the Steak n Shake lot or on side streets.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.