Dr. Linda Henke Receives Award from Metro Theater Company
Metro Theater Company will honor MRH Superintendent Linda Henke as a Character of Courage on Friday, January 20, 2012 at the performance of Battledrum at the Missouri History Museum.
Characters of Courage is a program through which Metro Theater Company pays tribute to residents of the St. Louis area who have improved the community by making positive changes. Metro says this reflects the central characters in Battledrum, a play about three young boys, each of whom takes a risk to help others.
Each of the honorees will be featured in a Battledrum program book with a photograph, a paragraph about his or her particular kind of courage and a list of individuals and organizations making public statements regarding their support for an honoree. Friends, colleagues and fans of the honorees will be included on a sponsors list for a donation of $200.
These members of our community will be honored as Characters of Courage at performances of Battledrum:
- Simone Bernstein, Founder, stlouisvolunteen.com (Friday, January 13, 7:30 p.m.)
- Shirley Black, Founder, The Learning Tree Intergenerational Center (Saturday, January 28, 3:00 p.m.)
- Linda Henke, PhD, Superintendent, Maplewood Richmond Heights School District (Friday, January 20, 7:30 p.m.)
- Karen Kalish, Founder, Cultural Leadership; Founder, Home Works! (Saturday, January 28, 7:30 p.m.)
- Tresa and Franklin McCallie, education leaders and social justice activists for Kirkwood and beyond (Friday, January 14, 7:30 p.m.)
- Mike Matheny, former catcher current manager for St. Louis Cardinals; Founder, Catch-22 Foundation (Sunday, January 15, 3:00 p.m.)
- Missouri State Representative Jeanette Mott Oxford (Sunday, January 29, 3:00 p.m.)
- Rick Randall, Jr., Senior Vice President of Development, Pace Properties (Friday, January 27, 7:30 p.m.)
- Laureen K. Tanner, RN, MSN, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ranken Jordan – A Pediatric Specialty Hospital (Saturday, January 14, 3:00 p.m.)
- Anthony “Tony” Thompson , President and CEO, Kwame Building Group (Saturday, January 21, 3:00 p.m.)
- Fr. Jeff Vomund, Pastor, Saint Elizabeth, Mother of John the Baptist, Catholic Church; Pastor,
- St. Louis Catholic Academy; President, The Acts Partnership (Sunday, January 22, 3:00 p.m.)
- Stephen P. Zwolak, Executive Director, University City Children’s Center (Saturday, January 21, 7:30 p.m.)
For information on becoming a sponsor for an honoree or buying tickets for a performance, contact Metro Development Director David Warren at (314) 997-6777 ext. 105 or email: email@example.com.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.