National Board Certified Teachers Honored at MRH
The MRH Board of Education recognized the district’s National Board Certified teachers at a reception on Thursday, December 15, 2011. MRH currently has nine teachers who have received this honor including Mary Darst who obtained her certification this year.
National Board Certification is one of the highest honors that any teacher can receive. Certification is a yearlong process in which teachers submit portfolios that include student work, assignments, videos, and a thorough analysis of classroom teaching. Additionally, National Board candidates take six assessments on their knowledge in their subject area.
Less than four percent of all teachers in the United States have achieved National Board Certification by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards.
Those honored at the reception:
- Heather Bailey (ECC, K/1st Grade)
- Cheryl Carmon (HS, Mathematics)
- Mary Darst (ELEM, Counselor)
- Gwen Donnell (HS, Counselor)
- Kathleen Dwyer (HS, Science)
- Jamie Kelley (MS, Social Studies)
- Daniel Lyons (ELEM, Museum Director)
- Derek Rowley (HS, English)
- Christina Steffen (HS, Art/Design/Tech Prep)
View photos from the reception.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.