MRH Board Member Lamar Agard to be Honored by St. Louis American Foundation
MRH Board Member Lamar Agard has been named a 2012 Young Leader from the St. Louis American Foundation. Agard, along with 19 other awardees, will be honored at the 2nd annual Salute to Young Leaders Networking Awards Reception on February 23, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. in the Starlight Room at the Chase Park Plaza.
The diverse group of African American professionals (age 40 or younger) have distinguished themselves in their professional careers and their commitment to community service. More than 100 nominations were submitted for possible recognition.
Agard is a graduate of MRH High School and currently has two sons, two nephews and a niece attending the MRH School District. Agard holds a B.S. in accounting from Saint Louis University and an Executive MBA from Washington University in St. Louis. He is employed by Solutia Inc, as Director of Risk Management and also coaches boys basketball for MRH Youth.
The 2012 Young Leader awardees:
- Lamar Agard, Solutia Inc.
- Lashanda R. Barnes, Citi
- Stefan M. Bradley, Saint Louis University
- Tasha Pettis Bonds, PNC Bank
- Charla M. Claypool, The Stolar Partnership LLP
- Desiree S. Coleman, United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Craig Glover, Central Counties Health Centers Inc.
- Carmen R. Guynn, Kwame Building Group
- Harlan B. Hodge, The American Youth Empowerment Network
- Nate K. Johnson, Real Estate Solutions
- Raegan Johnson, Monsanto Company
- Kenya M. Leonard, Pitzer Snodgrass, PC
- Kendra Neely-Martin, AstraZeneca
- Richard T. Middleton, IV, University of Missouri-St. Louis and Saint Louis University School of Law
- Serena Muhammad, America SCORES St. Louis
- Frederick J. Riley, YMCA of Southwest Illinois
- Amber D. Simpson, U.S. Bank
- Oluchi Lisa Uwah, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Michael T. Whitley, Missouri State University
- Ronda F. Williams, Savvis, Inc.
Kevin Powell, nationally celebrated activist, writer and speaker, will be the host presenter of the awards. Tickets for the St. Louis American Foundation’s Salute to Young Leaders Networking Awards Reception are $25 and can be ordered by calling (314) 533-8000 or emailing email@example.com.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.