MRH WYSE Team Wins First Place
Congratulations are in order for the members of the Maplewood Richmond Heights High School WYSE Team (Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering) who competed at the state competition in Rolla at Missouri S & T.
Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) is an International program headquartered at the University of Illinois, offering the annual Academic Challenge competition, a summer camps and other programs. The immediate goal is to attract a greater number of talented and diverse students to careers in engineering and the sciences.
For the third year in a row, Team MRH earned first place overall.
Individual award winners include:
- Biology - Samantha Schaffner third Place, Aaron Meuser second place
- Chemistry: Joseph Barron and Lauren Owens tied for first place
- Physics: Mia Rintoul, third place
- Math: Joseph Barron third place, Lauren Owens second place,Mia Rintoul first place
- Computer science: Henry Seymour third place, Stasya Juracsik second place
- Engineering graphics: Noah Kiernan third place
- English: Kadin Kristjansson third place
?Additional team members:
- Neera Golocheikine
- Everett Hicks
- Maya McKenzie
- ?Jeda Murphy
- Jamie Tipton
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.