Proposition E: What Every Voter Should Know
Proposition E (Prop E) is a proposal on the June 2, 2020 ballot asking Maplewood Richmond Heights School District voters to allow the sale of $30 million in bonds to pay for necessary infrastructure upgrades at all district buildings. No change in the current tax rate will be needed to pay back the bonds.
This proposal is the culmination of many months of planning and analysis conducted by the Long-Range Facilities committee and MRH District Leadership. Prop E addresses the needs, immediate and long-term, to allow MRH to grow as student enrollment has grown nearly 50% district-wide since 2005.
- Prop E will specifically target the following major renovations:
- Construct additional classrooms
- Create safer entry points in all buildings
- Improve and extend the MS/HS cafeteria
- Expand the MS/HS campus gymnasium
- Replace windows and repair roofs
- Update restrooms
- Repair fields and playgrounds,
- Addition of perimeter fencing
- Overall upgrades designed to maintain safe and inspirational learning spaces
To learn more about Proposition E, information can be found on the MRH District website at www.mrhschools.net, under the ”News” tab. To submit a question or comment, residents may email:
Prop-E@mrhschools.net or pickup a comment card at the Central Office.
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.