Proposition E: What Every Voter Should Know
Proposition E (Prop E) is a proposal on the April 7, 2020 ballot asking Maplewood Richmond Heights School District voters to allow the sale of $30 million in bonds to pay for necessary infrastructure upgrades at all district buildings. No change in the current tax rate will be needed to pay back the bonds.
This proposal is the culmination of many months of planning and analysis conducted by the Long-Range Facilities committee and MRH District Leadership. Prop E addresses the needs, immediate and long-term, to allow MRH to grow as student enrollment has grown nearly 50% district-wide since 2005.
- Prop E will specifically target the following major renovations:
- Construct additional classrooms
- Create safer entry points in all buildings
- Improve and extend the MS/HS cafeteria
- Expand the MS/HS campus gymnasium
- Replace windows and repair roofs
- Update restrooms
- Repair fields and playgrounds,
- Addition of perimeter fencing
- Overall upgrades designed to maintain safe and inspirational learning spaces
To learn more about Proposition E, information can be found on the MRH District website at www.mrhschools.net, under the ”News” tab. To submit a question or comment, residents may email:
Prop-E@mrhschools.net or pickup a comment card at the Central Office.
Town Halls are an open forum to hear directly from the MRH Board of Education and provide an opportunity to ask questions. Town Hall dates are as follows:
February 12, 2020
MRH Elementary, 7:00pm-8:30pm
March 24, 2020
MRH ECC, 7:00pm-8:30pm
Childcare is being offered for children (ages 3-10) at each Town Hall meeting. To reserve a spot, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the guardian’s name, email and an all-hours phone number, along with the name and age of the child and the attending meeting date(s).
For more information, contact MRH School District at (314) 644-4400.