Registration & Enrollment
The MRH School District provides free public education to all students who are residents of the district and who are between the ages of five and 21 years. The admission of all students is under the direction of the superintendent and subject to approval by the Board of Education. All persons seeking admission to the district and its instructional programs must satisfactorily meet all residency, academic, age, immunization, health, disciplinary, and other eligibility prerequisites as established by Board policies, rules, and procedures, and by state law.
Kindergarten Enrollment 2020-2021
In this section, you will find information on how to enroll your Kindergarten student into the MRH School District. Please note that these directions are for those students that will be attending MRH for the first time. There is a separate set of instructions and steps for those families transitioning from Preschool to Kindergarten. Those directions were emailed to the Preschool families in April.
Due to the school closure, we were unable to host our on-site registration event for new Kindergarten students. However, through the combined efforts of ECC and District staff, we have created a new online enrollment process.
Below you will find specific written directions, as well as 2 video tutorials, that will walk you through the enrollment process. We ask that you complete this process as soon as possible since we are working on classroom assignments. In addition, if you need before or after school care, the enrollment process must be complete before we can accept applications for our Discover Club before and after care program. The first window for Discover Club registration begins on Monday, May 18 and closes on Friday, May 29. If you miss the initial registration window, Discover Club registration will re-open in mid-June, and if there are no available slots, we will start a waiting list.
If after reviewing the video tutorials and written directions, you have remaining questions or problems completing this process, feel free to contact Molly Sauer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 314-644-4405.
1. Download, rename, complete, and save forms on your device.
- Enrollment Packet: Click here to download Kindergarten Enrollment Form
- Lead Screening: Click here to download Lead Screening Form
- Here is a video tutorial on how to complete this step: Completing the Enrollment Forms
2. Gather documents to be uploaded and sent through a secure drop box.
- Proof of Residency: Occupancy Permit from Maplewood or Richmond Heights.
- Birth Certificate: Students must be born on or before 7/31/2015.
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID (at least one of the parents/guardians must be an MRH resident). Only (1) parent/guardian ID is required.
- Most recent immunizations record. Additional immunizations need to be completed by Aug.1st.
- Most recent physical examination (within the past year).
- Completed & Saved Enrollment Form (from above).
- Completed and Saved Lead Screening Questionnaire (from above).
- If applicable, a current asthma action plan from your physician’s office (these must be updated annually).
- If applicable, a current food allergy action plan from your physician's office (these must be updated annually).
3. Prepare and upload all of the documents into our secure drop box system.
- Each document, including the completed enrollment form, should be downloaded and saved on your device as a pdf or jpeg file.
- Each document should be labeled with your student’s name (eg. Doe, Jane_Immunizations, Doe, Jane Physical, etc.).
- Upload the documents into our drop box system:
- Here is a video tutorial on uploading documents: Uploading enrollment forms to the DropBox
- Link to MRH Secure Drop box
After completing the aforementioned steps, what’s next?
- You will receive instructions on registering your child into our student information system (Power School). Once you register your child into Power School, their enrollment is complete! We cannot send Power School registration instructions until we receive the enrollment forms.
- You will be eligible to enroll in the MRH Discover Club starting the week of May 18.
- The ECC Administrative staff will work on assigning your student to a classroom. Classroom assignments should be announced by mid-late June.
- If the stay at home orders are lifted this summer, and we can conduct limited in-person services, we will invite you and your student to the ECC for a brief school readiness assessment so that we can best be prepared to serve your student. This will also give us an opportunity to learn more about your student and answer any questions you might have.
K-12 Enrollment Process
The following documentation is to be presented when enrolling students. If there are circumstances preventing parents’ or court-appointed guardians’ ability to access to any of the following documents, please call Vince Estrada, the Director of Students Services, at 314-565-7441 for assistance.
MRH 2020/21 Enrollment Packet -- under revision
- Proof of Residency: Occupancy permit listing parent/court-appointed guardian name as well as enrolling student. This link provides school district boundary information.
- Proof of Guardianship: Birth certificate or court documentation listing both the name of the guardian as well as the age of the enrolling student.
- Immunization/shot record of enrolling student or exemption
- Discipline Report (we may need to request that from the school)
- Social Security Number of enrolling student
- Copy of most recent report card
- Unofficial transcript/transfer grades – High school students only
Additional Documentation – If Applicable
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- 504 Plan
Preschool Enrollment Process
The MRH School District offers a preschool program for children of residents that live within school district boundaries. The preschool program, at the MRH Early Childhood Center, is grounded in a constructivist perspective and inspired by the practices of the world-renowned preschools in Reggio Emilia, Italy. This approach to educating young children embraces the incorporation of dance, drawing, theatre, architecture and other arts as vehicles for the learning experience. Children must be at least 3 years old and potty trained to attend. Full- and half-day classes are available. Space is limited.
Documentation requirements for preschool students are the same as those listed above with the addition of the following:
- Current Medical Exam Report of Enrolling Student – Preschool students only
Before and After Care: Discover Club
Before and after school childcare for students in the MRH School District is provided by the Discover Club program. Discover Club offers a positive, safe, and stimulating environment for children from 3 to 12 years of age.
Discover Club enrollment will take place electronically this year.
The Discover Club enrollment window will be May 18-29, 2020. Spots will be filled on a first come first served basis and based on spot availability. Families will be notified of their registration status between June 1-13, 2020. Please use this form.
Registration will be reopened June 15, 2020 to fill any available spots/begin the waiting list.
ECC Discover Club (314) 256-4580 (2:45-6:00 p.m.)
Elementary Discover Club (314) 256-7216 (2:45-6:00 p.m.)
The Discover Club hours are as follows:
AM Care = 6:30 a.m.- 6:55 a.m. (at ECC)
PM Care = End of school day through 6:00 p.m.
AM Care = 6:30 a.m.- 7:45 a.m. (at ECC)
PM Care = End of school day through 6:00 p.m.
Grades PreK-2 meet at the MRH Early Childhood Center for A.M. and P.M.
Grades 3-6 meet at the MRH Early Childhood Center for A.M. only. P.M. meets at the MRH Elementary School.
Rates for 2020-2021 School Year (ALL RATES BELOW SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Non-refundable registration fee = $25.00 (1 student), $35.00 (2 or more students) **Registration fee will be added to first tuition payment.
10% discount: applies to second child's tuition and additional children only.
Please contact Discover Club Supervisor Betty Pearson at (314) 566-3650 if you have questions or for more details.