PowerSchool / itslearning
The technology resources at Maplewood Richmond Heights School District allow parents and students in grades 7-12 access to valuable, up-to-date information 24/7. This is accomplished through two, primary tools: PowerSchool and itslearning.
itsLearning Parent Portal
Watch a demonstration of the Parent Portal
The entire MRH curriculum is built online. This system includes specific classroom environments that both students and teachers can access. Assignment, instructions, and additional course-specific resources can be found through itslearning.
PowerSchool is an information-sharing system for students in grades 7 through 12, their teachers, and their parents. Students can track their own progress, parents have immediate access to their student's grades, and teachers gain time-saving administrative tools.
Benefits for students:
- Access homework assignments
- Track progress during the quarter
- View grades and credits
Benefits for parents:
- Access up-to-date student performance data
- Track assignments and attendance
- Read daily bulletin
- Receive email reports
- Communicate easily with teachers
Parents and students will receive Usernames and Passwords at the beginning of the year, by regular mail. These allow private access to PowerSchool from any computer with Internet access. Click here to log on.
After you log on, you will see the following menu at the top of the PowerSchool screen:
Click these menu icons to do the following:
Grades and Attendance
- View grades
- View current GPA (below chart)
- View class score detail by clicking on grade. On this screen:
- View assignment description — click on title if highlighted
- View assignment comments — click on the score if highlighted
- View total absences and tardies
- Send email to a teacher by clicking on his/her name
Grades History - View final grades from previous quarters
Attendance History - View attendance details
Email Notification - Select reports to be sent to you regularly via email
Teacher Comments - View notes left by teachers
School Bulletin - View daily announcements
(MRH does not currently use the Class Registration or My Calendar functions.)
Password Not Working?
Teachers update their grades on different schedules, so grades will most likely not change every day. Check to see when the report was last updated to understand what has been included in the grade.
Commonly used codes:
- NHI = not handed in, 0 grade (does impact grade)
- EX = excused (doesn't impact grade)
- () = grade not yet entered (doesn't impact grade)
- Attendance: A = absent, T = tardy
Sample PowerSchool Screens